Thursday, September 22, 2016

Bounding Through Time

Ending of Super Paper Mario.
Compliments go out to CountBleck2009 for sharing.
I had the idea to post this because of several things. Firstly, I stumbled upon a Twilight Zone episode called "The Call" in which a lonely haunted statue meets a lonely man and then turns him into another haunted statue. How this jogged my mind to this end, don't ask. My second reason is that I'm in the process of updating the blog, and I noticed while setting labels that I have not featured my poetry here. So we'll start our grand poetic supernatural quest here.
I wrote this poem about a year ago. Now I tend to think of it among the best I've written. Initial inspiration came from the song Bounding Through Time, and the accompanying dialogue in Super Paper Mario. "I love you. And hundreds of thousands of years from now, that fact will not have changed..." To die to save the universe in which your love blossomed, to cast oneself into primal uncertainty with only one's love and a fiery, passionate heart. This surely must be Ishq.
While Bounding Through Time represented musically a synthesis of their perspectives, my version is in the perspective of Blumiere. This is a slightly modified version; to clarify the original intent. Since this is the Lockerian Times; I shall hope I may find such a noble love one day.

Bounding Through Time

Losing your embrace
I retreated into shadows;
I acted so long not of my own volition,
but prisoner of lost love's sway.

I sought the destruction of worlds- all worlds-
for if I had not my Timpani,
if I have not my Timpani,
then all worlds mean naught.

Cursed fate stole you
and I would steal fate itself.
An inescapable pain, destiny dealt.
I tried with all my power, but the world refused to change
again and again, my loss felt as same.

I beg nobly as Cupid's servant
for one last chance to make right before the pyre.
Timpani, null my anxieties.
Have back your Blumiere.

Now I will rebuke my crimes,
and shed these tears held long.
After those countless years
my heart yet to you belongs.

Defeated, still retrieved
I break space-time with broken weapondry.
I think I already see,
but do you still so love me?

(Lady Timpani accepts. With a pause, Blumiere continues.)

If this moment were chested off
not to open for centuries time,
that alone would have unlocked my serenity.
Yet I have you now, all I wanted.

All that I fought for.

I am as a ship back on course...
And the future so short
shines of brilliant, eternal light.

John Lockers

No comments:

Post a Comment