Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Beat the Brow, Adolescence Clock

Today's the first day
Living for nobody
Nothing's behind my back
Nobody up my sleeve

It's the mystery serenade
To greet me to sleep tonight;
It's the kiss
Of the moonlight.

Though love has spat
My desire back at me
At least I'm here
In the darkness, at bat.

The creek moves on
Waters-a-flowing
Dreams are showing
And a little admiration, too.

As long as I'm feeling it
There's a nice, gentle step.
Long as I live it
There's a love that runs deep.

There's a heart I can keep
And all the love I can spare
To reach the wearier heart
Though journeys'll be steep.

Even when you feel
Deep down inside, in that tender place:
You've done enough
You've failed, at last

You can just sit and remember
Let the gloom console you a while
And stay a while
Because this could go on forever.

This could go on forever
Just you and me
and the dreams that flow the walls.

John Lockers

No comments:

Post a Comment